Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Insanity Workout

I've been doing the Insanity workout since July 7. I recently had to stop because of a terrible summer cold that took me out for over a week. I'm happy to say that I've restarted again and I wanted to briefly post a short review of the benefits I've noticed since starting the workout.

I used to be a fitness instructor, and was pretty good at it too. At one point I taught 6 days a week 2-3 hours a day and I had the figure to match. I've since lost that figure and I'm determined at 35 years of age to get it back. Insanity is the best way for me to go about it since I know that my body only truly responds to serious, hard-core training. I'll probably need to do the full program more than once, but I don't see that as an issue, especially since I've noticed a HUGE change in the way I feel everyday.

I've immediately noticed the following things since starting the program:

1. My balance has greatly improved. I had a hard time standing on one leg and stretching my quadriceps without completely falling over. Now I can pull my leg back (very slowly) while still standing up.

2. My flexibility has increased. I used to feel pain when doing the stretches, but I kept at it and now I feel the benefit of the stretches as I do them.

3. My energy has increased. Even though I have to get up at 4 am to do the workouts, I feel so much more energized throughout the day.

4. Probably the most important thing is that I feel like my cardiovascular system has strengthened considerably. There is a 7 minute walk from the parking lot to my cubicle at work and before I started the program I noticed that I would feel short of breath as I made my way between my car and office. Now I don't feel that at all.

I've lost a few inches, and have trimmed down a bit in my stomach and thighs, but I haven't lost much weight (about 3 lbs since I started). I figure this is normal since I'm trying to build muscle. I really just want to lose inches and tighten up all the shaky parts. I'll keep posting updates as I work through the program. I'm just excited that its actually working for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment